Home safety and babyproofing needs can change for many reasons; the age and skill level of family members, and even the season. That’s why we thought it would be helpful to outline some important home safety tips for the summertime. We hope you’ll implement these around your home and spread the word to loved ones!
- If you plan to keep your windows open, understand that screens will not prevent a fall. Make sure that furniture and anything climbable is away from windows so that children cannot access them. Also, hire a professional to properly install window guards.
- If burgers and hot dogs are on the menu, keep your grill at least 10 feet away from your home, have a fire extinguisher handy, and make sure no one is around when you light the grill. Also, be sure to turn off the burners and propane when you’re finished. And, of course, keep your kids safe by making sure they’re away from the grill and under adult supervision at all times.
- If you have a pool, consult a professional to ensure that correct safety measures are taken and the best gate for your family is installed. Also, exercise caution with small plastic or inflatable pools, as unfortunately, children can drown in as little as one inch of water.
- High temperatures can mean an increased chance of fire. In case of a fire, be prepared with a chemical and regular fire extinguisher, and make sure that you know how to properly use them.
- As for any season, post emergency phone numbers and let all family members know what to do in case of emergency.
We hope these tips have been helpful. Please visit our website for more information and safety tips.